The logistics and supply chain is one of the most important activities for any company because, in addition to representing many of the costs of a business, it is also the part that allows the customer to receive the right product, the quantity, quality and time agreed. For this reason, it is essential to know how to make good delivery management when you need to send goods to foreign countries (ส่ง ของ ไป ต่าง ประเทศ, which is the term in Thai).
Continue reading and discover 5 factors you should know about delivery management.
- The importance of delivery management for e-commerce
The delivery time and the free freight are two great motivators of buying in ecommerce. The customer wants to receive the product quickly and with a low cost of freight.
- Essential care when managing deliveries
To ensure good delivery management, the logistics manager must be aware of some key factors. Among them are:
- Respond quickly to the customer;
- Working with trusted suppliers;
- Make it clear to the customer how your reverse logistics process works.
- Why use software
A good system helps in optimizing the formation of loads and groups invoices automatically. It also enables real-time monitoring of delivery and collection times and status, measuring the efficiency of each carrier, and automating the sending of e-mail.
- Benefits in conducting management
With greater productivity and efficient processes, the first benefit to be highlighted is the reduction of costs. Another positive point is the reduction of the number of errors. Problem identification is faster, reducing customer response time and generating customer loyalty.
- How to put into practice and improve processes
Here is how to succeed with the management of deliveries.
- Have total control of costs.
- Focus the routing process.
- Monitor deliveries.
- Stay tuned for deadlines and avoid fines or returns.
- Check fleet availability and strategize on any issues.